The Work and Pensions Committee met on Wednesday 17 November 2021, to discuss Health and Safety Executive’s Approach to Asbestos Management.
There were a great number of witnesses including:
- Prof. Thomas Kuhlbusch, Head of Hazardous Substances Management, The Federal Institute for Occupational Hygiene and Health (BAuA) Germany
- Prof. Alex Burdorf, Head of Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Nicolas Bessot, Head of the Office of Chemical, Physical, Biological and Occupational Diseases, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Integration, France
- Charles Pickles, Asbestos campaigner, The Airtight on Asbestos Campaign
- Gill Reed, Technical Adviser, The Joint Union Asbestos Committee
- Tony Hood, National Head of Asbestos Strategy, Thompsons Solicitors
- Joanne Gordon, Chair, The Asbestos Victims Support Groups’ Forum UK
- Liz Darlison, Chief Executive Officer, Mesothelioma UK
You can watch a recording of it here: Parliament TV.